Football Manager 2010 Online Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Close Season

3 posters

Go down

Close Season Empty Close Season

Post  Belly Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 am

Ok

Peronally during close season all i need to do is budget on budget day. I then do all the rest of my stuff on July 1st for which i need some time with force cont off. I am happy to do this outside of normal sessions but it has to be 1st july.

If you all post what you do during the close season then we will be in a better position to cater for all members come next closed season even if it means reducing the amount of time that we holiday the game during close season.

Belly,
Belly
Belly

Back to top Go down

Close Season Empty Re: Close Season

Post  alvaan Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 am

I don't do anything really. Once I've set up my tactics the first time, the training etc, it's all there forever. I don't change it up, and I get to do contracts, searching and whatever else in between everyday continuing. I personaly, don't see why stuff has to be done on this and that date, other than that you get to choose the budget the 25th, and that the window opens July 1st. I sign players all season through, and with the game being up so much, searching for players should be very doable outside the normal play time.

I'm not saying this is how it works for everyone, just stating my point of view. If we are to stop for 1 hour on July first, I say we instead play as normal from the close season, save at July 1st and let people do their stuff. For me, an hour stoppage like this, is like pausing a movie Smile

alvaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Geir Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:48 am

i like doing budget.
the summer window is for listing my players and getting rid of those.
The summer is also for renewing my contracts.
Transfers are really beeing made all year round... you guys are so slow at times that i got plenty of time to things!!

Geir

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikee Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:53 am

I sign players throughout the season esp as I have not had any cup/euro matches this season.

At the eos i already had all my targets in my shortlist ready to make so 10 mins when budget day has arrived is all i need.

I dont ever change training/tactics at eos so i need minmal time. In fact i spent more time watchin the match on weds than actually clickin buttons

I care bout all things like budget/pitch size/bonus settings but i am available mon tues weds so i wont miss these things

Mike

Mikee

Back to top Go down

Post  FFCStu Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:36 am

Do my budget is really a must for me, altho the way the game has worked with sunderland and the lack of money i have its dont worry me, but any other club then its a must

getting rid of the dead wood and renewing my contracts to players i wanna keep.

Transfers are really beeing made all year round like geir said when there are europen games i have a buchers.

Pitch size is really a must for me, as is players numbers, i also do all my press cons to.

Other than that im good lol.

FFCStu

Back to top Go down

Post  ferninho Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am

Here's my suggestion:

The game ends at the last kick of the ball at the end of the season, or we play on to a certain point. We then allow the game to stay up as Kim usually does, if it's ok with him, and then tinkerers like myself can search / request scout reports at our leisure.

The game resumes next session. We put the game on a one minute timer (forced) and allow it to continue like this for one hour (obivously this is pre-1st july). After 45 mins a 15 min warning is given that the game will be holidayed until budget day.

After the holiday ends the game reverts to the step above, but this time the game is taken to 1st August, at 9.00pm.

Thereafter the game continues on a 1 min timer until game day, or 11.00pm (whichever is sooner) and the timer is set to the usual 30 seconds.

I think this then allows us plenty of time to tinker and a load of hour long sessions to sort things out. The main problem for me is searches being done during game time, this should be accommodated at the end of sessions.

Now if you have done searches and requested scout reports then you need the game to move on slowly to allow you to look at these and make bids and pre budget work out how much cash you need. We don't need to play the whole window and large part can be holidayed. But we need to play three periods, the start, the budget day, and just before the end.

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Post  ferninho Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 am

Ok a revision after discussions with Kim.

At the end of the season the game is taken up to budget day. So that once it starts we're immediately into setting the budget. Thereafter it continues on a forced timer for one hour. There's a ten minute warning given at 7.50pm to concluded your business.

Then the game is wound on (taken off-line and holidayed) three weeks. We then come back in and have 60 minutes to do more transfers dealings and pre-season preparation. After this the game is again taken offline and wound to the day before the charity shield.

The game then continues as normal on a 30 second timer, but players must hurry along to the first game.

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeeee Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:18 am

only prob i have with this is i identify my targets etc b4 budget day i then either need (based on weds) 2-3hrs to sign them or find new targets also players become available throughout the close season.

Imo from budget day we should have enough time etc to do wat we want but when a player has finished buyin etc they should leave the game (to speed it up) eventually there will be like 2-3 players left buyin players but the game will move along alot faster....

Im happy to leave the game when i have finished doin all of my stuff

mikeeee

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeee Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 am

also wat wopuld happen if u missed out on targets etc when u have been forced to leave the game?? things like feeder clubs etc all need u to be there

mikeee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down