Football Manager 2010 Online Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Windows

3 posters

Go down

Transfer Windows Empty Transfer Windows

Post  ferninho Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Let's have a proper discussion about speeding the game up, get some ideas tossed about and then look at how we can speed the game up.

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Transfer Windows Empty Re: Transfer Windows

Post  ferninho Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Ok here's a few ideas from me.

1. Liaise with kim and get him to have the game up (he often does anyway) to look for targets, and draw up hand written or saved shortlists. Make bids and use the note function to say what order you want the player.

2. If your plans go tits-up and you get no-one, then either it's tough and sign no-one, or forfeit a match on holiday and use the time to look and search.

3. I often find i have plenty of time before and after games. I often have my side already picked and then wait for others to pick. I use this time to do things like look for players or check on my scouting. After games I often find I also have plenty of time. TIME MANAGEMENT - USE IT EFFICIENTLY.

4.we can finish a season and then "schedule" the new season to coincide with a monday. Subject to what kim says we could arrange for a week or two's game play over the weekend (as consented to by players) over the weekend to see if you will land your targets or not.

Let's have a full and frank exchange of ideas and then formulate some rules.

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Post  Belly Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Ok nice 1 steve

Its good to debate this.

My personal oppinion is that if you take away a managers ability to buy and sell you take a large proportion of what FM is. You might aswell start an online game saying that you can only buy a maximum of so many players.

I honestly thought that tonights session was ok. Yes it was slow but its the transfer window and i think Kim was more pissed of about the game crashing and then having to play villa again only to get a worse result.

I have played this game since CM2 and i have got into the habit of doing all my stuff once in the year at the start of the season. This means the 1st July for the current version.

What stuff u may ask - so i will tell u :

1st - Hire Staff

2nd - Check Team Settings

3rd - Make sure my scouts assignments are done

4th - Ask the board to increase the ground, Improve youth and general training facilities , relay the pitch.

5th - do the training

6th - Go to squad - Select my best team and reserves and do contracts, Move players between squads and also release the dead wood.

7th - Go to Player Seach and look for players that will improve my squad. Make Bids and steadily increase them to get them at the cheapest possible price.

Then on Match day 1 i will do tactics , Teams selection and players assignments such as corner and free kick takers and that it , Im set for the season. I will then go through the season and review my team prior to every match to make sure its the best available.

It takes some time to do all this at the start of the season but i am then able to shoot through the season quite quickly becuase i have laid down the foundations.

Stu and Steve said he wants player searching to be done outside of main game time and for it to be done prior to the season start. I would not vote for this as i feel it will remove a major part of the FM experience however if we do a vote i will go with the majority decision.
Belly
Belly

Back to top Go down

Post  ferninho Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Belly, everyday Kim loads the game early, and usually leaves it on all night. I often spend an hour after games doing all the stuff you listed. I try to lay my foundations in time outside of set game hours. I do not see why you would need to do anything other than make adjustments inside of game time.

If I had had a 'mare in the markets, and I did first season, then I'd say so and ask for patience from my fellow players and you may also get some helpful tips and or see other managers backing off on your targets, thanks kim Wink

I'm not saying we should outlaw all player searches but there is really no excuse when everyone is waiting to play games.

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Post  Belly Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Ye i know what u mean m8.

On the clan game if there is something that i need to do that will take time i will wait until after my match cause the chances are someone always takes longer than me to finish there match.

I dont think we should make decisions based on the game speed during a transfer window. If it was this slow outside of a window then i would think that something needed to be done.

I think we need to give it another session to see how that goes before we start thinking about making rules re: player searches in what is infact the transfer window.

OFC stu is right when the timer is ran down without need but i would suspect this is players who are afk from the keyboard but dont want to holiday as they are awaitnig to complete transfers. Once the window closes u will find players will holiday from 1 match to the next and the clock running down without reason will reduce.
Belly
Belly

Back to top Go down

Post  ferninho Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm

I hope others contribute to the debate. I hear what you are saying belly, but i don't think 7 people should wait whilst one player tries to do a search. Which is impossible on a 30 sec countdown! and therefore takes several "turns" to effect

ferninho

Back to top Go down

Post  Johannes Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

This is all well and good. I had decided on what players to get, but I had a torrid time of selling my players and freeing up cash so I couldnt afford them. I wasnt around all the time during the summer and because of that I missed on a few offers for my players. So I had to sell them before I could sign players. Steve said, if he's having nightmare on the market he'd ask for patience. Good idea. Now, I was having a difficult time at the market and asked for more time, but I only got negative response from the lads. So I said I would use every bit of time I'd get to get my signings done. It was obvious I wasnt getting any time. During last days of transfer window people just have to be patient. I didnt have the cash in the summer and I didnt get any good offers in for my players until late.

You guys have to understand, its more difficult and more time consuming when playing on a limited budget. I really wanted to strengthen my team.

Johannes

Back to top Go down

Post  alvaan Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 am

Here's the deal basically...

First of all I don't like it when people put words in my mouth, or saying 'he probably did so and so because of so'. If you want to know certain things, just ask.

Second, it should not be necessary to run the clock/timer down every single turn. This is NOT a transfer window issue, but happens all the time. The only reason the last few playing sessions of the previous season was quick, was because I force continued and holiayed alot of players not reacting, and that several of you went on holiday or even went out of the game.

Yes, I understand that sometimes it takes a few tries to get you the players you need, and yes, sometimes you have to really struggle to offload before you can afford them. The point is, as Steve said, that there's no need to do player searching inside the core playing time. We have Stuart playing Championship football, we have cup ties, you have time both before and after each session almost to find players. Hell, if you ask, I will even offer tips on players or help search if I got the time.

I totally agree that transfer window will be slower than normal gameplay, and that's fine. But when some of the players manage to set up training, coaches, contracts, searching for players, make bids/deals, make their tactics, set their teams etc in little or no time, and there are some that constantly takes alot longer, I hope you all understand this is tiring and annoying.

I'm sorry about last night, and not leaving the game online, but I was so frustrated I had no words...

I will try to calm myself next time, but when the game crashes, after I finally managed to play a game after one hour of waiting, and then having to wait about 45 minutes (3 days!! gameplay) to play it again, I beg for some understanding.

I don't want too many rules on the game, and I definatly don't want to limit anyones ability to do their stuff. This whole thing comes down to your own effiecency, and the ability to plan. It's also got to with you caring about the other managers, so you don't cause them unwanted waiting.

Sorry again for last night, and sorry for making such a long ass post Smile

alvaan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum